Beginning of Week 2

Published by Melanie under on 9:14 AM

"The only thing in life that you will ever have 100% control over is what you allow to enter your thoughts."

This is the quote that we were asked to ponder and focus on this week, so I started to wonder if it's really true. Are we in complete control of the thoughts that enter our brain, or are we only in control of the thoughts we allow to linger and stick? I can't control other's thoughts or opinions that they share with me, but they still enter my thoughts (if I'm listening anyway). My control comes after, when I decide if I want to allow those thoughts to become my own or if I simply wish to discard them and delete them from my thought process.

I have learned that even though I try not to, the words of those I love play a large part in my thoughts and views of life. Negative thoughts or attitudes shared too often & freely for my likings constantly weigh me down and cause an internal battle to cast them out. It is interesting to me that I (more often than not) CHOOSE to allow negative opinions or words control my daily thinking, thus inserting personal obstacles in my path to success that I would otherwise not have had. Knowing this personal weakness, I have made the decision to share this experience with only those who I know will bring positive and encouraging thoughts with me. I know that I need to have the attitude of "YES I CAN" and "I'M DOING GREAT" rather than "YOU'RE GOING TO QUIT" or "YOU DON'T LOOK ANY DIFFERENT".

Project for the week:

List 25 affirmations (positive statements) about you or your current situation, etc..

1

I have the most beautiful, loving, kind, sensitive, and well-rounded kids in the world

2

I have a husband who loves me for who I am, not what I look like, who would do anything for me.

3

I am so fortunate to have a steady job, beautiful home, and family near-by.

4

I have the most awesome sister in the world, who is also my best friend and an excellent Auntie to my kids.

5

I have a great Mom who constantly tells me what a great mom I am and encourages me to be a better person.

6

I am an excellent friend

7

I am very creative

8

I am a good writer

9

I am an excellent story teller, caregiver, nurse, housekeeper, hugger, kisser, cuddler, disciplinary, chef, playmate, field trip organizer, encourager, confidant, protector, teacher and friend (aka MOM)

10

I easily forgive

11

I am a hard worker

12

I am strong

13

I have beautiful eyes

14

I write beautiful poems

15

I am emotional and compassionate

16

I am an animal lover

17

I am fortunate to be financially stable

18

I have a family who loves and supports me

19

I am smart

20

I am organized

21

I smile a lot

22

I love watching my kids just being kids

23

I love to read

24

I appreciate the smaller things in life, like sunrises/sunsets, rain, nature at night

25

I am very compassionate towards & concerned for others

That was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to compile. Who knew that it would take me over an hour to think of 25 nice things to say about myself? Self-esteem is not my strongest suit, and now I acknowledge that it's something that I need to work on.

I find comfort in knowing that I have the support of my husband, sister & mom cheering me on as I push myself one step closer to being the beautiful person that I know I am. I can not wait to see the results that these next few months will encompass. I dream invariably of the day that this caterpillar will finally emerge as the beautiful butterfly she knows she is destined to become, at last able to spread her wings and fly to her potential. I will no longer be held back by my visual appearance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spring

My Blog Stockers

Support System