Day 2...still alive, but SORE

Published by Melanie under on 9:41 PM
Well, this morning I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be. I could definitely tell I'd worked out, but my calves weren't burning anymore, nor were my thighs. My inner thighs are sore, as are my back muscles and shoulders, but all in all, I feel great! Correction...I FEEL AWESOME! (it's our phrase...)

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have butterflies in my stomach as I drove up to the park for day # 2. I was terrified of the drills we would be pushed through, but I refuse to give up.

Again we started with the brisk walk followed by running. I actually feel like it was harder for me tonight than last night, and it was ALL I could do to finish without stopping. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that I was trying to keep up with the veterans rather than the newbies.

In any event, I did it again, and I was proud. After the run we had a 1 minute break. Why is it that our 1 minute breaks FLY by, whereas our 1 minute exercise lasts FOREVER? After our "break" we stretched. I was happy that at least this night I maintained my balance and didn't throw up!

Tracy told us that tonight was going to fly by because we were going to do short 3 minute drills. I can do that! What's 3 minutes, right?! WRONG! Here is what I can remember from last night:

Mountain climbers
Jumping jacks
Lunges (It's supposed to hurt!)
Planks (Holy **** I thought I was going to DIE)
Tri ups (1 arm side crunch) (1.5 mins per side)
Toe touches...laying down
Toe touches standing up
Angel wings (Again, thought I was going to die)
Standing side crunch
Step ups (Stepping on a bench with one leg) 1.5 mins per side
Dips (again using the bench backwards, hands on bench, dipping butt to floor, back straight)

Each of these exercises alone are extremely difficult, but add sweat to the mix and you have a whole new obstacle! Sweat up your nose, in your eyes, making your knees & elbows slippery; it's nearly impossible to hold a plank when your elbows & forearms are sweaty!

After our "quick & easy" 3 minute cycles were over, we closed with butts & abs again. If I had to do even 1 sit-up today to survive, I think I would die. My stomach, sides, back, shoulders, thighs (Frickin' lunges) and even my neck are all killing.

But, I love the feeling knowing that I am burning 700-900 calories a workout (or so we're told) and that I can feel the workout the next day. I can't wait to see what kind of results this routine will have for me!

Thank goodness we get a break tomorrow~!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spring

My Blog Stockers

Support System