New Year's Resolutions - Project of the week

Published by Melanie under on 8:26 AM
Tracey assigned us a project this week that had to do with (appropriately enough) making & keeping our New Year's resolutions. Her steps to succede in meeting our goals were also provided, and she asked that we use them as a guide for her project. Her steps were:

SETTING & REACHING YOUR GOALS IN 2009....

1. Clarify your vision: Put down in your journal at least one goal you want to focus & obtain this year.

2. Believe you can do it: Mark down 10 times or more under you goals "I can do this".

3. Identify & Align: Write down who you know has done this before and contact them via email, letter or phone and ask them what they did to get it.

4. Relentless commitment to action: Mark down the steps you need to get there and what you will do each day or week or month to make it happen.

5. HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY: Write this sentence down 10 times so you never forget it.


In an effort to be "the best that I can be", I have followed her instructions to the "T".

Melanie's 2009 New Year's Resolutions:

1. a.) I want to be AT LEAST 2 sizes smaller by Christmas.
b.) I want to ELIMINATE soda (including diet) from my menu
c.) I want to decrease (at least by 1/2) my intake of white carbs
d.) I want to exercise 4 - 5 days a week rather than 3
e.) I want to create & maintain a budget schedule for my family

2. I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS,

3. a.) A lot of girls in boot camp - better eating and attending boot camp religiously
b.) Heather - Just cut it out of her life...don't buy it, have water or lemonade instead
c.) Don't know anyone who has done this, but it is easy to do it by replacing certain food items with others...ie: Wheat instead of white, sweet potatoes vs. white potatoes, Multi grain rice vs. white rice etc.
d.) A lot of girls in boot camp - take kids on bike rides, catch up on TV shows while doing elliptical, Wii fit with kids
e.) A girl in boot camp - make it a family effort...create a "company" within the family so that everyone plays a part and it becomes fun, rather than "one more thing Mom is making us do."

4. a.) Don't buy the Junk...it's better for everyone. Plan a menu at home so that there is no question of "what's for dinner" and less temptation to get fast food. Ask myself "are you really hungry?" before eating outside of a meal. Drink LOTS & LOTS of water. Make better choices for side items at dinner...salads & more veggies vs. tater tots & fries. Be a better example for kids.
b.) Don't buy the soda. Period. If it isn't in the house...it isn't an issue.
c.) Make the change to grains...find new recipes that are specifically geared toward low carb. Use the HEALTHY cookbooks that are in the cabinet...buy "Eat this, not that." book.
d.) Move the DVR up to the bedroom so that I can watch recorded shows in the same room as the Elliptical. BUY A NEW BIKE!!! Rather than having kids play in cul-de-sac everyday, ride to the park & kick or throw a ball with them.
e.) Initiate a family meeting. Plan / earn outings rather that go on a whim. Budget all things...gas, food, entertainment, utilities...and STICK to it. Give everyone (parents included) a weekly allowance and enforce the rule that once the money is gone...it's gone.

5. HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY
HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY
HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY
HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY
HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY
HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY
HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY
HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY
HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY
HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE JOURNEY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spring

My Blog Stockers

Support System