Week 14

Published by Melanie under on 11:54 AM
It occurred to me that maybe detailing my daily workout regime is not the way to continue my blog. I need a change...a new approach to grabbing attention from my most valued reader...ME.

New year...new approach to weight loss, right?

Maybe the way to be approaching my goal is to be completely honest with myself and ALL of the things that go on in my life (pertaining to achieving my goal, that is) by detailing the day's events here. Everything...from what I eat, things I try, activities I embark on, and all that jazz. I think henceforth, that's the direction I will pursue...Blatant honesty with myself...not just a journal of my boot camp workouts.

Sometimes the best way to be honest with yourself is to write the truth down and read it.

Since I'm putting my cards on the table, let's talk diet. Correction, current eating habits. I am NOT on a diet. Tracey (as you may -or may not- know) has created a program that is SIMPLE to follow. My problem? I don't follow it. Honesty. Got to love it.

So, even though I'm about 2 weeks into the new year already, I feel like I'm already failing myself and my resolutions. BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING. No, no. That would be too easy. I am thinking out loud...being honest with myself...and getting back on the horse. Today. Immediately.

Today I have been persistent on turning over my cards as I use them and referring to them often to determine how best to use them all up. So far I have used:

Fruits - 1 (orange)
Veggies - 2 (Tomato & salad)
Carbs - 1 (bowtie pasta, lean cuisine)
Water - 5
Protein - 1 (1/2 cup egg beaters)
Dairy - 2 (glass of skim & 1 cup yogurt)
Fat - 1 (avocado in salad)

Unfortunately, I still have a lot of cards left:

Snacks - 4
Condiment - 2
Vitamin - 1
Water - 3
Veggies - 2
Dairy - 1
Protein - 6

Wowzers! As I sit here sipping on a tall glass of good old H2O, I am racking my brain to think of ways to get all of those cards done by the end of today. I mean, do I really have to use up the condiments?! I'll have to ask Tracey.

There is no boot camp tonight, and for that I am thankful! I am so frickin' sore today it's not even funny. I defiantly need a day "off". Paige starts cheerleading tonight, which is conveniently located about a mile (give or take) from our house at a park. I plan on biking there with the kids (Paige will ride her scooter so she's not too tired to cheer & so she can make it home) every Wednesday. I'll play with Jadyn & Coleton while Paige does her cheer. Then we'll bike home. I will more likely than not also do 20-30 minutes on the elliptical, since biking 2 miles isn't enough exercise.

Though this may be a little more boring (or not) to read than my former entries detailing my strenuous workout routines, I find comfort knowing that by writing down everything that I'm putting into my mouth and activities that I do, I am making myself aware and accountable. I know that I have a tendency to go full throttle when I start something...and quickly taper off to an idle within a week. Hopefully by journaling this way, I will able to maintain an even speed that boosts me into a steady progression of weight loss and noticeable results.

The only one who in control of my weight is ME.

I was reading a few Dr. Seuss books last night (The Places You'll Go, in particular) to Jadyn, and SO MANY verses hit a chord in me, that I thought I'd pass them on:

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose.

You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one
who'll decide where to go.

You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have the speed.
You’ll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly, you’ll be the best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.

I'm sorry to say so
But, sadly it's true
That bang-ups and hang-ups
Can happen to you.

On an on you will hike,
And I know you’ll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.

You’ll get mixed up of course, as you already know.
You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
And remember that Life’s
a great balancing act.

Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

Will you succeed?
Yes you will indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)


Be honest with yourself and others...because the ones who mind won't matter, and the ones who matter won't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spring

My Blog Stockers

Support System