Day 5 - Week 2

Published by Melanie under on 12:01 PM
Last night was the first night since I began this journey that I cried out of pain. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, since my face was dripping wet with sweat, but I have NEVER in my WHOLE LIFE pushed myself to such outer limits before. Even as I write this...I am still in awe that I didn't die (or at least collapse) last night.

You know the drill by now...jog then run the park, stretching...then the announcement of the night's theme. Last night was FABULOUS (or I'd like to use another "F" word) FIFTY'S. What's that you ask? 50 of EVERY body aching, back breaking, muscle shaking "exercise" you could imagine.

I know I will miss a zillion of the exercises we did, simply because I think my mind left my body somewhere in the middle. From what I can recall.....

2 push ups
2 prison squats (hands behind head, squat as low as you can)
2 jumping jacks

4 push ups
4 prison squats
4 jumping jacks

and so on at intervals of 2 up to 10, and then back to 2 (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2)
That adds up to 50 of everything.

Run 2 laps (equivalent to 1 mile...so they say, but I'm getting doubtful if it's that much)

2 minute break

50 burpies. Keep in mind that when we're late or rude (talking when Tracy is) she punishes us (individually) with 20 burpies. We had to do 50!

50 angel wings

1 minute break...during which Tracy told us to stretch our arms...we'd need it. (evil laugh)

50 "walk it out's", which SUCK YOU KNOW WHAT! Standing, you put your hands on the ground in front of your feet and "walk" your hands out until you're in a push up position. Then walk your feet back up to your hands, and JUMP up. 50 times....I was seriously dying. Really. I'm not kidding.

2 minute break

50 seconds of a plank (laying on tummy w/only elbows & toes touching the ground)

50 somethings...where (while still in a plank position) you use your abs to lift your butt high in the air.

50 Push ups

50 leg ups (on back, hands at side, one leg bent, other leg in air, lift butt up using bent leg)
50 leg ups on the other side.
Oh...you're done before the others? Do 25 more each side.

50 toe touch (on back, feet up, back off ground, alternating tow touches)

50 butt ups (laying on back, hands under butt for support, feet in the air, lift butt off ground keeping feet @ 90° angle to body)

Stand up...1 minute break

(Now for the part where I cried)

Arms out to the side rotating clockwise for 3 minutes
without stopping
rotate counter clockwise for 3 minutes
without stopping put arms above head & rotate clockwise for 3 minutes
without stopping rotate counter clockwise for 3 minutes

Tracy said that if anyone dropped their arms or stopped, not only would we restart, but everyone would also do another 50 burpies. I was in so much pain. My arms weighed 1,000 pounds and my shoulders were burning like I've never felt before. I was doing EVERYTHING in my power not to drop my arms...I can't believe that I made it. I was arching my back, looking at the stars, dancing, thinking of the kids, you name it, I tried it. I was dying...what torture. I didn't want to be the one who dropped their arms and made everyone else suffer through even more. My arms were dead when we were done. I couldn't even lift my water to take a drink.

But we weren't really "done". Oh no.

50 angel wings

1 or 2 more things that I can't remember at the moment.

Then...time for BUTTS & ABS

Fire hydrants
50 sit ups
50 bicycles (on back legs up, knees bent, arms behind head, alternating left elbow to right knee, right elbow to left knee, counts as 1)
50 side to sides (laying on back, knees bent, feet on ground, shoulders off ground shifting side to side as your hands touch your ankles)
a lot more that I can't remember......

Words can NOT describe how ECSTATIC I am to have a night off. I am drained. My thighs are KILLING me today...surprisingly my shoulders aren't!

My feet didn't burn as bad last night, and not nearly as long, and I can't remember my shins hurting nearly as bad as they had previous nights either. I don't know if it's the shoes or the fact that we didn't really work on our legs last night, but for that I am thankful. Maybe I'm finally getting "used" to working out or at least my muscles are stronger.

It's a weird feeling that I'm experiencing right now...hating every second of boot camp, but loving how I feel when I complete every night. I am emotional right now writing this because I have never in my life pushed myself so hard, and I am so proud of the things I am able to accomplish. Never in a million years did I think that I would be running...doing over 100 push ups a night, such difficult things that I really feel are killing me at the time...and then so accomplished when I'm done. My self esteem has risen, I feel amazing, proud, worthy, and just plain old good. It's so easy for me to turn away foods that have for too long been my weakness. Fast food, fries, chips, a chocolate silk pie Elmo bought the other day, and countless others, no longer have the ability to shatter my ability to control. Even when I was working out at the gym 3 days a week, I still allowed myself to indulge, but for some reason, this time is different. I admit that I open the cupboards in an effort to snack, but no I settle on the pretzels vs. the chips, or pickle slices vs. the candy, or 1 bite of pie vs. a slice. It's so easy for me this time...subconsciously I think that I know every calorie counts and that I'm working WAY TOO HARD to allow an empty pleasure (food) to ruin my work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spring

My Blog Stockers

Support System